The Pan African Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PACCI) is an independent, non-profit and non-partisan organization established in 2009 to serve Africa’s business by promoting for public policies that will foster continental economic integration, competitiveness, and sustainable growth. PACCI offers its constituents a wide range of services including advocacy for the creation of the African Economic Community, capacity building, and business networking.
With more than 50 national chambers of commerce acting as its local focal point, PACCI is the largest business association in Africa, and the continent’s most influential.
Our strength lies not just in our numbers but in our commitment to increase the prosperity of Africa by promoting and encouraging the growth of existing businesses and the establishment of new businesses.
To be Africa’s recognized voice of businesses and a valuable resource to its members.
In working towards its vision for the African continent, the PACCI will be:
- Speaking at international level on behalf of African countries’ businesses from all sectors of the economy
- Energizing and revitalizing stakeholders in the continent to achieve continued business growth, attract investment, promote employment, and improve educational qualification.
- Unifying all its stakeholders to maximize the potential of Africa as a dynamic and profitable place to do business.
- Advancing the establishment of public private partnership to improve trade and investment.
The Pan Africa Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PACCI) sees Africa as a dynamic and welcoming continent for commercial, manufacturing and service industries where:
- Plentiful natural resources, a youthful demographic structure and fast-growing economies are the best preconditions for successful business and trade;
- A more business-friendly environment promoting local investment as well as foreign direct investment is making good progress
- Per capita gross domestic product of the continent as a whole has grown considerably for a number of consecutive years since 1994
- The potential for highly profitable foreign investment is enormous, but many investors remain unaware of the past record and current opportunities. The great potential for growth comes from agriculture, manufacturing and services, with a lot of room for diversification and value chain development;
- It is understood and agreed, in the continent at large, that sustainable lifestyle opportunities and the attractiveness of Africa as a place to live and work, are underpinned by a successful and profitable business sector
To provide services that strengthens the capacity of the business community to prosper and grow sustainably while enhancing the continent’s economic integration.
The main objectives of PACCI are:
- To promote and support the economic well-being of African businesses, and in particular that of its members
- To improve and boost intra-African trade and investment
- To actively contribute to the realization of a Continental Free Trade Area (C-FTA)
- To ensure that the net gains deriving from trade liberalisation will support and reinforce the protection of the environment and the creation of sustainable employment.
The PACCI is financed through its members' contributions, and services provided to members. The PACCI's staff is composed of an active volunteer corps whose contribution of time, energy, and idea contribute to make the PACCI an effective business organizations in the continent.
The main office of PACCI is located in the political capital city of Africa; Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. It is where the African Union is based. Addis Ababa also hosts the headquarters of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) and numerous other continent and international organizations.